Happy Monday, neighbors! Here’s everything you need to know about what’s happening in town today.
Are you a local business owner or marketer in Jackson? Our premium local sponsorships will keep you at the top of inboxes around town every morning. Contact us here for the lowdown.
First, today’s weather:
Humid and overcast throughout the day. High: 79 Low: 70.
Here are the top stories today in Jackson:
- The Mississippi Bureau of Investigation issued a Silver Alert for Jackson resident Jennifer Peterson, age 36. She was last seen the evening of Sept. 9 in the 3000 block of Harley Street walking south. Family members said Peterson suffers from a medical condition that may impair her judgment, and anyone who has information about her is urged to contact Jackson Police Department at 601-960-1234. (WAPT Jackson)
- A group of about 75 Mississippi first responders dressed in uniforms joined community members in front of Black Axes in Brandon this weekend for the 10th annual 9/11 Remembrance Run. The run was started in 2011 by three Reservoir Fire Department firefighters. This year, the event was hosted by the co-owners of Black Axes, Keith and Cathy Black. (Clarion Ledger)
- An inmate of the East Mississippi Correctional Facility, who had been sentenced for kidnapping and sexual battery, escaped while being escorted by officers to a family member’s funeral in Belzoni. (WAPT Jackson)
- Construction is now underway on another section of the Museum Trail along Eastover Drive. (WLBT)
- Former Hinds County District Attorney Robert Shuler Smith died on Friday, Sept. 10 from complications of injuries sustained in a motor vehicle collision. (WJTV)
Did you know you can feature your local business in this spot in the newsletter for just $79 per month? Click here to get started.
You’re all caught up for today. I’ll see you soon! If you’re loving these newsletters, consider bringing some of your friends and neighbors along for the ride. You can send them this link to subscribe.
— Kayla Harrison
Have a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Jackson Daily? You can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org.